Our team is looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to implement the user interface and engineer the experience of every site/software being put out by the business. In order to achieve this, you will collaborate closely with product owners, product designers, backend developers, and multiple service teams.
The ideal candidate is passionate about building user experiences, constantly evaluating emerging technologies and has a track record of building interfaces which are beautiful in form, function, and simplicity. The ability to work within a creative and positive team environment is key to the role.
Here are some things about the way we work that we take pride in:
- We work in small self-organized teams, respecting and valuing everyone´s opinion
- We learn from each other and share knowledge, through pair programming, code reviews, hackathons and trainings
- We deliver value by developing new features, maintaining existing products and improving all the infrastructure we need for it
- We build quality into our code by following clean code principles and DevOps practices - you build it, you run it
- We have embraced diversity, having colleagues from over 50 countries. This means our working language is English
- Profound experience in developing front-end and web applications (5+ years)
- Deeply invested in broadening your knowledge, learning new things and mastering the ones you already know
- Experience creating and consuming REST APIs
- Passionate about writing clean, modular, testable code.
- Experience with Atomic design and developing react design system libraries
- Knowledge about testing tools, eg Jest, Cypress
- Some background creating A/B tests (Optimizely, Adobe Target, VWO)
- Solid understanding of web responsive design: mobile-first and desktop-first strategies, and media handling
- Understanding of cross browser support and performance best practices
- Understanding of Web Design, User Experience Design (UX) and Design for Accessibility
- Nice to have: Redux, GraphQL, Java, AWS, Cloud infrastructure, CI/CD with Jenkins pipeline, Kibana, Grafana, relational/non-relational databases
What we are offering you
- 4 extra days off
- Training opportunities and professional development
- English and German language courses on company premises
- Benefit package (private medical care, Multisport)
- Discount in zooplus shop
- Mobile phone
- Opportunity to work at product–oriented company
- Table tennis, foosball, fresh fruits and beverages, company events
- Central office location
- Full time employment contract
- Flexible working hours
In case you didn’t know
zooplus AG was founded in Munich in 1999 and today we are Europe´s leading online retailer for pet-related products. With an annual double-digit growth rate, we have already successfully rolled out our business model in 30 European countries and we are expecting further sustainable growth in European e-commerce. We remain faithful to the key values of our company – a dynamic and flexible approach, constant learning opportunities, and inventive thinking at every level and position in the organization.
You want to know more? Join us!