Hello! I am a member of the Explore development team in zooplus. We are looking for a frontend engineer to complete our team in Munich.
You can be part of our amazing team, that is responsible for help our customers exploring the details of our products in our e-commerce, developing solutions for the product description pages, whishlists, customer reviews and many other features.
These are some of the reasons why I think working at Zooplus is an amazing experience:
- We work in small self-organized teams, respecting and valuing everyone´s opinion
Scrum is our way of working, and we feel like agile environment it is not only inside the team, our managers also believe on it and the organization is already aligned to it also
- We learn from each other and share knowledge, through pair programming, code reviews, hackathons and trainings
- The environment is very friendly and sometimes we do some activities together after work also of course with other teams. Also, there is no strict dress code here so you can come with a simple T-shirt
- We deliver value by developing new features, maintaining existing products and improving all the infrastructure we need for it
- We build quality into our code by following clean code principles and DevOps practices - you build it, you run it
- We have embraced diversity, having colleagues from over 50 countries. This means our working language is English
- Profound experience in developing front-end and web applications (5+ years)
- Deeply invested in broadening your knowledge, learning new things and mastering the ones you already know
- Experience creating and consuming REST APIs
- Passionate about writing clean, modular, testable code.
- Experience with Atomic design and developing react design system libraries
- Knowledge about testing tools, eg Jest, Cypress
- Some background creating A/B tests (Optimizely, Adobe Target, VWO)
- Solid understanding of web responsive design: mobile-first and desktop-first strategies, and media handling
- Understanding of cross browser support and performance best practices
- Understanding of Web Design, User Experience Design (UX) and Design for Accessibility
- Nice to have: Redux, GraphQL, Java, AWS, Cloud infrastructure, CI/CD with Jenkins pipeline, Kibana, Grafana, relational/non-relational databases
Main technology stack used in our products:
Frameworks: React, NextJS
Testing: jUnit 5, Mockito, Cucumber, Jest, CypressAWS Cloud
DevOps: Docker, Jenkins, Mesos
Monitoring: Kibana, Grafana, Sensu
What we are offering you
- 4 extra days off
- Training opportunities and professional development
- English and German language courses on company premises
- Benefit package (private medical care, Multisport)
- Discount in zooplus shop
- Mobile phone
- Opportunity to work at product–oriented company
- Table tennis, foosball, fresh fruits and beverages, company events
- Central office location
- Full time employment contract
- Flexible working hours
In case you didn’t know
zooplus AG was founded in Munich in 1999 and today we are Europe´s leading online retailer for pet-related products. With an annual double-digit growth rate, we have already successfully rolled out our business model in 30 European countries and we are expecting further sustainable growth in European e-commerce. We remain faithful to the key values of our company – a dynamic and flexible approach, constant learning opportunities, and inventive thinking at every level and position in the organization.
You want to know more? Join us!