Merchandising Manager (Private Label) with German
Merchandisers support in optimizing sales and profits by ensuring continuous availability, and the right products in the right quantities. This includes monitoring and analyzing the inventory and sales performance, ensuring stock rotation to deliver sales growth.
- Plan and develop merchandising strategies that balance customers’ expectations and company’s objectives,
- Collaborate with Private Label, Purchasing, Logistics, Replenishment to secure prices, quantities and time-scales,
- Key interface between Purchasing / Private Label and the Replenishment / Logistics departments to ensure stock requirements are achieved on time, within company budgets,
- Forecast profits/sales and plan budgets,
- Produce on-going forecast on SKU level, incorporating core assortment and seasonal collections,
- Monitor stock movement and defining action plans including markdowns, promotions, price changes to clear delisted / old stock,
- Monitor inventory based on sales and intake, by FC and Shop,
- Optimize sales volume and profitability by identifying profitable lines and bestseller,
- Develop analytical tools and reports for the team and corporate management relating to assortment performance and resulting action plans,
- Ensure high level of data quality / integrity and timely implementation of agreed action,
- Remain up to date with industry’s latest merchandising trends and best practices.
- Successfully completed studies in Business Administration, Marketing or comparable vocational training,
- Minimum two years of proven professional experience in various areas of merchandising or category management, within the retail/consumer goods/e-commerce sector,
- Excellent analytical skills and profound knowledge of working with operational figures (KPIs),
- Strong communication, interpersonal and persuasive skills combined with a self-confident, assertive and resilient character,
- Commercial acumen and the ability to objectively evaluate and justify decisions based on targets vs budgets,
- High online affinity and strong interest in retail, e-commerce - passion for pets and pet related products an advantage,
- Teamplayer and able to work in a fast-paced environment with capacity to adapt quickly to changes,
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, in both German and English,
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and ERP systems,
- Willingness to travel.
What we are offering you
Become a part of our success story and seize the opportunity to take on a real challenge in a dynamically growing company where there is huge scope for development and short decision-making processes. We are offering you a versatile, international-facing role in our motivated team with colleagues from all over Europe.
- 4 extra days off
- Training budget
- Language courses
- Medical care
- Discount in zooplus shop
- Mobile phone
- Flexible working hours